UPDATE: Top-4 things to know (Cut-offs)
As EcoTrail Wicklow is drawing nearer we want to invite you to read about the four ‘hottest’ topics to know about ahead of race day:
Sign-on and collection of race bib
Access to hi-res map
The following time limits apply for each route, you must finish within this time to be listed as an official finisher. Note there are no intermediary cut-offs for the 19k and the 30k - only at the finish line. If you feel you cannot make the time limit, we suggest moving down a distance.
· 80km - 07:30 - 20:00 (12.5 hours)
· 46km - 09:00 - 18:00 (9 hours)
· 30km - 10:00 - 17:00 (7 hours)
· 19km - 11:00 - 17:00 (6 hours)
Are the time limits / cut-offs strict?
Cutoffs will be strictly enforced on each route to ensure all participants will complete course in the available time.
Cutoffs may be changed by the Race Organisers due to changing weather conditions, etc
*The Race Organisers reserve the right to remove anyone from the event that they feel is unable to make cutoffs or on a health & safety basis
If you are unsure of your ability to complete your chosen event safely within your own ability & fitness and the time limits advertised please change to a shorter distance in advance of 1st Sept
Can I continue after the race has officially ended?
Cutoffs will be strictly enforced on the 46 and 80 km routes to ensure all participants will complete courses in the time available. A total of 9 hours are available to complete the 46 km course and 12.5 hours to complete the 80 km course.
Those not making cutoffs will be allowed to complete a shorter route if the course layout permits.
Continuing on your own after official retirement is not permitted.
Participants need to be able to make the cutoffs for the 46km & 80km routes which are provisionally set at:
- Must pass Sugarloaf Aid Station (15km) within 3 hours (By 12:00 Latest) on out leg or else be directed to complete the 30km route back to Bray
- Must Pass Sugarloaf Aid Station (31km) within 5.5 hours (14:30 Latest) on return leg or retire from race
- Must pass Sugarloaf Aid Station (15km) within 3 hours (By 10:30 Latest) on out leg or else be directed to complete the 30km route back to Bray
- Must pass Wicklow Way Checkpoint (24km) within 3h 45' (11:15 Latest) on out leg or else be directed to complete the 46km route back to Bray
- Must reach the Vartry Trails Aid Station(35km) within 6 hours (13:30 Latest) on outward leg or retire from race
- Must leave the Vartry Trails Station (46km) within 7 hours 15 mins (14:45 Latest) on return leg or retire from race
- Must reach Lough Tay Water Station (52 km) within 8 hours 15 min (15:45 latest) on return leg or retire from race
- Must reach Sugarloaf Aid Station (64km) within 10 hours (17:30 Latest) on return leg or retire from race.
- Must reach Belmont Water Station (72km) within 11 hours 15 min (18:45 Latest) on return leg or retire from race
Note for 80km participants:
If you feel you will be in danger of failing to meet any of the later cutoffs you may elect to complete the 46km route by notifying the marshals at the Wicklow Way Checkpoint (Km 24) and the timing officials at the finish line.
You will be given a finish time for the 46km event but will not be eligible for any prizes
Anyone leaving Sugarloaf Aid Station on return leg of 80km route after 16:30 must have a working headtorch or will not be allowed to continue in the race