Where can supporters cheer on the runners?
We often get asks what the best places are for your friends and supporters to cheer you on.
We recommend the following spots which have the best facilities and where extra traffic will not cause undue disruption to the race or to local traffic. The best option is to board our spectator bus.
- Bray Seafront/ Martello Hotel: cheer on your runners at the start and finish line at the Band Stand outside the Martello and enjoy lunch and refreshments in the hotel bar while you wait. We recommend taking the DART to Bray to minimise race traffic on the day. Runners will be starting and finishing all day between 7:30 am and 20:00.
- Kilruddery House and Gardens: Stunning Elizabethan House with café and castle tours and ample parking. To see runners walk to the end of the gardens at the fence at the moat. Note the garden charges an entry fee. 6 km from the finish line (runners passing 8:00-12:30 approx)
- Belmont Demesne: Home to the final water station in each race less than 7 km from the finish line. Full cafe and adventure centre. (runners passing 12:00-19:00)
- Plucks Pub, Kilmacanogue: Note parking at Pluck's is for customers only. 10 km from the start line of each race and 11 km from the finish. (runners passing 8:30-18:30)
- Powerscourt Waterfall Park: The most scenic support point at Ireland's highest waterfall. Cafe and toilet facilities and ample parking. Entry fee at gate lodge. 46 km and 80 km runners pass here at the 20 km point. (runners passing here 9:00-13:00)
- Pier Gates / Lough Tay: this car park is near the viewing point for the famous Lough Tay 'Guiness Lake'. Please note this spot is remote and only accessible by car. The runner's pass by the 'JB Malone Car Park' (runners pass 10:30-15:30)
- The Coach House Pub, Roundwood: This traditional Irish pub is only a 1 km walk from Reservoir Trails where runners will pass by from 39 km to 46 km (runners passing from 10:45 to 14:45)
We ask all supporters show common sense and not park or place themselves where they interfere with the work of our crew and the running of the race. Note that running sections of the race with runners or providing outside support in the form of water or food is not permitted and could lead to disqualification of the runner in question.